Prophecy Sign 16: The Two Witnesses
The Two Witnesses are future prophets who will perform great miracles in Israel for 3 ½ years. They will directly oppose the Antichrist as he rules the world from his headquarters in Jerusalem. The prophet Elijah will re-appear before the second coming of Christ. Could he one of the Two Witnesses?
1. The Second half of Daniel’s 70th week begins at Midpoint (The Abomination of Desolation)
2. The Temple of God, the altar, the people are turned over to the Gentiles to be trampled and abused.
3. The “Times of the Gentiles” can not end until the end of the 42 months.
4. The Two witnesses are men of God. Who are they?
a. Elijah is specifically mentioned as coming before the Day of the Lord Malachi 4:5-6
b. Moses and Elijah? On the Mt. of transfiguration with Jesus (Mt 17)
c. Enoch and Elijah? Two men who were raptured and never experienced death Heb 9:27. Mal 4:5-6
d. Two future saints who will be given the same Spirit and the power of the prophets already mentioned?
5. The Two witnesses will see the Rapture of the Church and the resurrection of the dead saints (timing unknown)
6. The 144,000 and the Two Witnesses will see the rapture of the Church (timing unknown)
7. The 144,000 and the Two Witnesses will see the Day of the Lord (phase 1) the 7 Trumpet judgments
8. When the 1260-day ministry is finished the Antichrist will kill the Two Witnesses (the supernatural angelic spirit out of the abyss?)
9. Two Witnesses will remain dead for 3 1/2 days and then be resurrected Rev 11:8-11.
10. Romans 11:25 A nation will be born (again) in a single day, when they see their Messiah at His Second Coming. Coming of Elijah BEFORE the great & terrible Day of the Lord (Malachi 4:5)
11. This is part of the last prophecy in the O.T. It concerns the return of Elijah the prophet to the earth, shortly before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord (Mal. 4:5-6).
12. At that time there will be one of the greatest spiritual awakenings in the history of mankind. The hearts of fathers and sons, all children and parents, will be turned toward one another; families will be united in Christ; the Holy Spirit will be poured out upon all flesh and even all of Israel will be saved as a result of the ministry of Elijah and Moses? as in Mal. 4:5-6; and Rev. 11:3-10; Acts 2:16-21; Rom. 11:25-29; Isa. 66:7-8 ?????