Prophecy Sign 18: The 144,000 and the Great Multitude
The 144,000 Sealed
During the Great Tribulation 144,000 Jews from the twelve tribes of Israel, descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, will trust in Jesus. They will reject the Antichrist and not take his mark. These will be the first fruits of the beloved nation Israel who will accept Jesus as Messiah, and there will be many more to follow.
1. Before the 7th seal is opened (Rev 8:1) there is a conspicuous pause in Revelation 7.
2. The interlude between the 6th and 7th seals depicts two groups of people being “rescued.”
3. The 144,000 Jews who are sealed on earth protecting them from the impending wrath of God after the 7th seal is opened.
4. The Great Multitude in heaven made up of believers from every nation, tribe, people and language
5. The 144,000 are called the “Servants of God” (Gk = doulos) slaves, solely committed and controlled by God to serve His purposes.
6. There is no hint that the 144,000 are evangelists in the Tribulation of the Day of the Lord’s wrath.
7. They are virgins, reflecting the fact they did not submit to the spiritual seduction of Antichrist and Mystery Babylon.
8. Are the 144,000 are supernaturally sealed for physical protection during the Great Tribulation? Actually no, I don’t think they are sealed until after the 6th seal. They are sealed for protection during the Day of the Lord judgment (7 Trumpets)
9. The 144,000 are the “First fruits” the forerunner of the host of Jewish people who survive the Day of the Lord and become believers at the end of Daniel’s 70th week.
10. The 144,000 will see the resurrection of the Two Witnesses “Come up here!” At the end of Daniel’s 70th week.
11. The 144,000 and the remnant of Israel will be saved at the end of Daniel’s 70th week, when Jesus returns to the earth.