Matthew 24:42 Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
God's plan for the end of the world and the Second Coming of Christ is revealed throughout the Bible in the form of Biblical prophecy. Since the time of the early Christians, believers have asked themselves if they will be the generation to see the return of Christ. No one knows for certain when Christ will return, but Christians are not left to wonder without understanding or aim. Recognizable signs are to precede Jesus' return and Biblical prophecy sets forth a clear roadmap designed to give believers advance warning of the advent of the Great Tribulation.
The goal of this forum is to allow all Christians, from prophecy neophytes to sophisticated theologians, to recognize and understand those key prophecy signs that will confirm if and when we are living in the End Times (aka Daniel's 70th week).
Are we the generation?
I believe specific prophecy signs are being fulfilled before our very own eyes.
Below are some current news articles that relate to the 20 Key Prophecy Signs. If you would like to read any archived articles, click on '20 Key Prophecy Signs'.
Timeline #2 -- Daniel's 70th Week & the Additional 75 Days of Daniel 12:11,12
There will be a final rebellion against God's holy land covenant with Israel and I suspect it will be led by the Islamic nations surrounding her. The Antichrist will outwardly confirm a covenant with many nations for a ‘seven’ year agreement and will seemingly recognize God's land covenant with Israel and the right to perform animal sacrifice on the Temple Mount. Inwardly, he hates both and will turn on Israel. "In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing [of the temple] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.” Daniel 9:27. "From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days." Daniel 12:10-12. Following the end of Daniel's 70th week and 3 1/2 years of Antichrist rule, we can expect the Day of the Lord, which includes the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. The following timeline will help us to understand some of the prophesied events surrounding the utter destruction of Antichrist's kingdom and the establishment of the Messiah's kingdom on earth. One final thought, we should become more 'Israel Centric' in our study of prophecy.
Timeline 1 -- Daniel's 70th Week & The Day of the Lord
This timeline is designed to help us better understand the order and the timing of End Times events.
Outline of the Book of Revelation
THE BOOK OF REVELATION
Instructions for the Church concerning the End-Times (Daniel's 70th week)
MADE SIMPLE TO PREPARE THE UNPREPARED; By Donnie. 4.15.13.
REVELATION 1: JOHN’S CALL TO PROPHESY ABOUT END-TIMES
* THE TITLE OF THE BOOK: APOCALYPSE (GK) - UNVEILING
* A BLESSING PROMISED TO THOSE WHO READ REVELATION
* LOOK! HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS AND EVERY EYE WILL SEE HIM
* WRITE WHAT YOU SEE ON A SCROLL AND SEND TO THE 7 CHURCHES
* WHO IS JESUS? 18 TRUTHS ABOUT JESUS
* WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN = REVELATION 1
* WHAT IS NOW = REVELATION 2, 3 THE 7 CHURCHES
* WHAT WILL TAKE PLACE LATER = REVELATION 4‑22, FUTURE PROPHECY
REVELATION 2: LETTERS OF INSTRUCTIONS TO THE 7 CHURCHES. CHALLENGES THE END-TIME CHURCH WILL FACE
* THE CHURCH AT EPHESUS: LOST ITS FIRST LOVE, REPENT
* THE CHURCH AT SMYRNA: THE PERSECUTED CHURCH
* THE CHURCH AT PERGAMUM: THE COMPROMISING WORLDY CHURCH
* THE CHURCH AT THYATIRA: THEY TOLERATE A JEZEBEL
REVELATION 3: PRAY TO BE OVERCOMERS, 22 REWARDS PROMISED. HE WHO HAS AN EAR LET HIM HEAR
* THE CHURCH AT SARDIS: THE DEAD CHURCH
* THE CHURCH AT PHILADELPHIA: THE MISSIONARY CHURCH
* THE CHURCH AT LAODECIA: THE APOSTATE, LUKEWARM CHURCH
REVELATION 4: A HEAVENLY SCENE - THE THRONE OF GOD
* JOHN CALLED UP TO HEAVEN TO SEE & RECORD GOD’S BEAUTY
* THE 24 ELDERS CLOTHED IN WHITE
* THE 7 SPIRITS OF GOD
* THE 4 LIVING CREATURES: THE CHERUBIM
* WORSHIP IN HEAVEN
REVELATION 5: JESUS TAKES THE SEVEN SEALED SCROLL: ALL THE EVENTS THAT WILL OCCUR DURING THE END TIMES
* THE THRONE OF GOD THE FATHER IN HEAVEN
* THE LARGE SCROLL WITH 7 SEALS – TITLE DEED TO EARTH
* THE BATTLE PLAN TO CLEANSE THE EARTH FROM EVIL
* THE LION AND THE LAMB: ONLY JESUS IS WORTHY TO OPEN THE SCROLL
REVELATION 6: THE SEVEN SEALS OPENED: DANIEL’S 70TH WEEK BEGINS
* 1ST SEAL: WHITE HORSE: FALSE RELIGION & ANTICHRIST’’S COV. OF DEATH
* 2ND SEAL: RED HORSE: FINAL WORLD WAR & ANTICHRIST’S GREAT SWORD
* 3RD SEAL: BLACK HORSE: GLOBAL ECONOMIC UPHEAVAL
* 4TH SEAL: PALE HORSE: DEATH, PLAGUE, FAMINE, 1/4 MEN DIE
* 5TH SEAL: Announcement of the START OF THE GREAT TRIBULATION & CONTINUED MARTYRDOM
* 6TH SEAL: COSMIC SIGNS & STARS (ANGELS) CAST DOWN TO EARTH
* THE GREAT DAY OF HIS WRATH HAS COME (THE G.T.) FIRST 3 ½ YRS. COMPLETE
REVELATION 7: GOD WILL PROTECT ISRAEL & THE CHURCH IN THE G.T.
* THE 144,000 JEWS SEALED FOR PROTECTION IN THE G.T. 3 ½ YEARS
* THE GREAT MULTITUDE (THE CHURCH) WILL STAND STRONG IN G.T. 3 ½ YEARS
* SUPERNATURAL POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT RELEASED; JOEL 2:28, ACTS 2:17
REVELATION 8: THE 7 TRUMPETS RELEASED BY END-TIME PRAYERS IN G.T.
* 7TH SEAL OPENED: SILENCE IN HEAVEN, JUDGMENT ON ANTICHRIST 3 ½ YRS
* 1ST TRUMPET: LAND JUDGED: 1/3 TREES AND ALL GRASS BURNED
* 2ND TRUMPET: SEA JUDGED: 1/3 SEAS BECOME AS BLOOD, ASTEROID
* 3RD TRUMPET: FRESH WATERS JUDGED: 1/3 BITTER - WORMWOOD
* 4TH TRUMPET: HEAVENLY BODIES JUDGED: 1/3 SUN, DARKNESS
REVELATION 9: GOD LIFTS RESTRAINTS, 2 DEMONIC ARMIES RELEASED
* 5TH TRUMPET: 1ST WOE – FALLEN ANGELS/LOCUSTS RELEASED FROM ABYSS AND TORMENT UNBELIEVERS FOR 5 MONTHS
* 6TH TRUMPET: 2ND WOE – 4 DEATH ANGELS RULE OVER 200M DEMONS RELEASED FROM EUPHRATES, UNPRECEDENT ESCALATION OF SIN , 1/3 MEN DIE
* THE ELECT ARE PROTECTED FROM DEMONIC ASSAULT (9:4)
REVELATION 10: THE END OF DANIEL’S 70TH
* A STRONG ANGEL (JESUS) & THE “LITTLE SCROLL”
* THE PROPHECY OF THE 7 THUNDERS WILL BE REVEALED IN END-TIMES
* THE MYSTERY OF GOD, GENTILE SALVATION APART FROM ISRAEL, COMPLETE
* THE LITTLE SCROLL IS BOTH SWEET (2ND COMING) AND BITTER (JUDGMENT)
* JOHN MUST PROPHECY AGAIN – MORE DETAILS REVEALED ON LAST 3 ½ YRS
* THE LITTLE SCROLL IS THE UNSEALING OF THE BOOK OF DANIEL 12:4
REVELATION 11: THE TWO WITNESSES & THE GREAT TRIB. 3 ½ YEARS
* MEASURING THE TRIBULATION TEMPLE IN JERUSALEM
* JERUSALEM TRAMPLED FOR 3 ½ YEARS (2/3 JEWS PERISH, 1/3 REFINED)
* THE TWO WITNESSES MINISTRY OF POWER FOR 1260 DAYS
* THE COMING OF ELIJAH – HE MUST APPEAR BEFORE THE DAY OF THE LORD
* ANTICHRIST KILLS THE TWO WITNESSES AT THE END OF 3 ½ YEARS
* THE THIRD WOE IS COMING (7 VIALS OF WRATH)
* 7TH & LAST TRUMPET (RAPTURE OF CHURCH) END OF DANIEL’S 70 WEEK
REVELATION 12: KEY PLAYERS IN DANIEL’S 70TH WEEK
* THE WOMAN: SYMBOLIC OF THE FAITHFUL REMNANT IN THE NATION ISRAEL
* THE GREAT RED DRAGON: SYMBOLIC OF SATAN
* THE MALE‑CHILD: SYMBOLIC OF JESUS CHRIST
* THE ARCHANGEL MICHAEL & WAR BREAKS OUT IN HEAVEN
* SATAN & DEMONS CAST TO EARTH – KNOWS HIS TIME IS SHORT (3 ½ YEARS)
* OVERCOME SATAN BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB & WORD OF THEIR TESTIMONY
* SATAN PURSUES THE WOMAN (ISRAEL)… AND HER OFFSPRING (THE CHURCH)
REVELATION 13: THE KEY PLAYERS CONTINUED...
* THE FIRST BEAST - SYMBOLIC OF ANTICHRIST & HIS KINGDOM
* 7 HEADS ARE SYMBOLIC OF 7 HISTORIC KINGDOMS WHO PERSECUTED ISRAEL:
1. EGYPT 2.ASSYRIA 3.BABYLON 4.MEDO-PERSIA 5.GREECE 6.ROME 7. M.B. 8. AXT
* 10 HORNS ARE SYMBOLIC OF 10 FUTURE KINGS WHO SERVE ANTICHRIST
* ANOTHER BEAST: THE FALSE PROPHET (THE MARK OF THE BEAST... 666)
* WORSHIP THE IMAGE OF THE BEAST (THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION)
REVELATION 14: JESUS PROVIDES SUPERNATURAL HELP IN LAST 3 ½ YEARS
* THE 144,000 SYMBOLIC OF THE FIRST-SEALED OF ISRAEL
* THE FIRST OF 3 ANGELS PROCLAIMS THE ETERNAL GOSPEL
* THE SECOND ANGEL PROCLAIMS THE END OF MYSTERY BABYLON (PHASE 1)
* THE THIRD ANGEL WARNS AGAINST TAKING THE MARK OF THE BEAST 666
* THE CHURCH IN THE GREAT TRIBULATION – SPECIAL BLESSING FOR MARTYRS
* THE HARVEST & THE JUDGMENT OF GRAPES (SO GREAT IS THEIR SIN)
* ARMAGEDDON: GATHERING OF EVIL GENTILE NATIONS, A RIVER OF BLOOD
REVELATION 15: THE 7 BOWLS OF GOD’S WRATH ON ANTICHRIST’S EMPIRE
* THE RAPTURED CHURCH, VICTORIOUS BELIEVERS STAND BY GOD’S THRONE
* JESUS “HOSTILE TAKEOVER” OF THE EVIL NATIONS IS ABOUT TO BEGIN
REVELATION 16: THE 7 BOWLS – THE DAY OF THE LORD, 30 DAYS OF DANIEL
* 1ST BOWL: LAND JUDGED: GRIEVOUS SORES & ODOR ON THOSE WITH 666
* 2ND BOWL: SEAS JUDGED: FOOD SUPPLY BECOMES LIKE BLOOD OF A DEAD MAN
* 3RD BOWL: RIVER AND LAKES JUDGED: FRESH WATER TURNED TO BLOOD
* 4TH BOWL: HEAVENLY BODIES JUDGED: SUN'S HEAT INCREASES TORMENT
* 5TH BOWL: UNBELIEVERS JUDGED: ANTICHRIST’ 8TH KINGDOM IN DARKNESS
* 6TH BOWL: EUPHRATES DRIED:DEMONS LURE KINGS OF EAST TO ARMAGEDDON
* 7TH BOWL: MOST SEVERE EARTHQUAKE, GREAT CITY JERUSALEM DIVIDED 1/3
REVELATION 17: MYSTERY BABYLON, DEMONIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM
* LARGE AMOUNT OF SCRIPTURE DEVOTED TO M.B. (JER 50-51, ISA 13-14)
* M.B. DECEIVES ISRAEL (7 YR. COV. OF DEATH) & THE CHURCH (THE APOSTASY)
* M.B. HEADQUARTERS IN BABYLON & BLENDS ALL RELIGIONS ON EARTH
* M.B. RIDES ANTICHRIST TO POWER IN FIRST 3 ½ YEARS, THE 7TH KINGDOM
* M.B. ALIGNS WITH THE BEAST, WHICH HAS 7 HEADS & 10 HORNS
* M.B. WILL BE DRUNK WITH BLOOD OF MARTYRS IN FIRST 3 ½ YEARS
* AXT & 10 KINGS DESTROY RELIGIOUS M.B. AT MIDDLE OF THE DANIEL’S 70TH
* 8TH KING/AXT THE 8TH & FINAL GENTILE KINGDOM TO PERSECUTE ISRAEL
REVELATION 18: MYSTERY BABYLON, DEMONIC ECONOMIC SYSTEM
* AXT SETS UP ANOTHER HEADQUARTERS IN THE GREAT CITY JERUSALEM
* ECONOMIC M.B.DEMANDS MARK OF BEAST 666
* GOD’S PEOPLE ARE CALLED OUT OF M.B. (JERUSALEM THE GREAT CITY)
* M.B. VOLUNTARY RELIGION IS REPLACED BY MANDATORY AXT WORSHIP
* THE AXT & 10 KINGS MAKE WAR WITH JESUS AT THE END OF DANIELS 70TH
* THE SECOND PHASE OF DESTRUCTION OF M.B. BY FIRE @ END OF DAN. 70TH
* THOSE DECEIVED BY M.B.WILL END UP IN THE LAKE OF FIRE
REVELATION 19: JESUS RETURNS ON A WHITE HORSE TO RULE ALL NATIONS
* THE HALLE LU JAH "PRAISE TO JEHOVAH" CHORUS!!!
* THE MARRIAGE FEAST OF THE LAMB: HIS BRIDE (ISRAEL & CHURCH)
* JESUS RETURNS: RAPTURE PROCESSION AROUND GLOBE, EVERY EYE WILL SEE
* MARCH THROUGH EDOM (JORDAN) TO JERUSALEM, ENDS UP ON MT. OF OLIVES
* THE FINAL BATTLE: THE WAR OF ARMAGEDDON, EVIL NATIONS DEFEATED
* THE BEAST AND THE FALSE PROPHET CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE
REVELATION 20: MESSIAH’S 1000 YEAR MILLENNIAL REIGN
* SATAN BOUND FOR 1000 YEARS IN THE BOTTOMLESS PIT
* FIRST RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD SAINTS
* SATAN RELEASED AFTER 1000 YRS. TO TEST THE KINGDOM PEOPLE
* SATAN'S FINAL JUDGMENT: CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE
* SECOND RESURRECTION, GREAT WHITE THRONE SINNERS JUDGED BY BOOKS
* THE SECOND DEATH: DEATH AND HELL CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE
REVELATION 21: THE RESTORATION OF ALL THINGS AT END OF MILLENNIUM
* A NEW HEAVEN AND A NEW EARTH,
* THE NEW JERUSALEM, THE BRIDE, THE WIFE OF THE LAMB
* NO MORE SEA, DEATH, TEARS, PAIN, CURSE, NIGHT
REVELATION 22: CLOSING REMARKS
* THE RIVER OF LIFE & THE TREE OF LIFE
* JESUS IS COMING SOON, COME AND TAKE THE FREE GIFT OF LIFE!
* WARNING: DO NOT CHANGE THE WORDS OF THIS PROPHECY
* “YES, I AM COMING SOON.” ONCE THESE PROPHECY EVENTS BEGIN TO OCCUR, JESUS WILL RETURN IN 7 YEARS
Zechariah 2, The Man with a Measuring Line
The city of Jerusalem becomes the focus of God’s promise in this vision to Zechariah. In a classic example of Dual Fulfilment of prophecy, we see both the restoration of the city in Zechariah’s day and a look forward to the End Times as we are given remarkable details of the scene on earth and the expansion of Jerusalem after the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. God has a purpose with Israel and He is not about to cast her off.
A MAN WITH A MEASURING LINE
Zechariah 2:1 (NIV)
 Then I looked up--and there before me was a man with a measuring line in his hand!
The man with the measuring line is the same one who appeared in the first vision as the rider on the red horse. He is Jesus Christ, the Angel of the Lord, the pre-incarnate Messiah. Jesus came to survey Jerusalem because He is getting ready to move again on behalf of His chosen nation.
Zechariah 2:2 (NIV)
 I asked, "Where are you going?" He answered me, "To measure Jerusalem, to find out how wide and how long it is."
Zechariah is curious and asks the man what He is doing with the measuring tool. The man, the Angel of the Lord, responds that he is measuring the city for expansion. The Angel is involved in preparing Jerusalem for her eternal future. He has great plans for this city (2:11). The measuring will result in the future restoration and enlargement of Jerusalem under the Messiah.
THE MESSIAH WILL LIVE IN JERUSALEM
Zechariah 2:3-4 (NIV)
 Then the angel who was speaking to me left, and another angel came to meet him
 and said to him: "Run, tell that young man, 'Jerusalem will be a city without walls because of the great number of men and livestock in it.
There are several angels in this vision, but evidently it is Jesus, the Angel of the Lord, who declares very good news to Zechariah. Jerusalem will be a city without walls and a multitude of people and livestock will live in it. This prophecy was not fulfilled in the time of Zechariah, but it applies to the Messianic era when great and wonderful things will happen in Jerusalem.
Today, Jerusalem is a city of very high walls. They are in place to protect Israel from suicide bombings. When Messiah returns, Jesus will live in the city Jerusalem and will protect her in an unprecedented way. No walls will be needed.
Jewish people living in the nations will move to Israel in vast numbers in the Millennium, and there will be a blessing of cattle.
FIRE AND GLORY
Zechariah 2:5 (NIV)
 And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,' declares the LORD, 'and I will be its glory within.'
Jesus himself will be the fire all around the expanded city. Jesus will live in Jerusalem and will defend and protect the city with an encircling wall of fire instead of a physical wall. The wall of fire reminds us of the pillar of fire which the Lord used to protect His people against the armies of Egypt in the wilderness (Ex. 13:21-22). The Gentile nations who approach the city will be terrified (Ps 48).
Jesus Christ will be the glory within Jerusalem and Ezekiel describes how the ‘shekinah glory’ will return to the temple of God.
Ezekiel 43:1-7 (NIV)
 Then the man brought me to the gate facing east,
 and I saw the glory of the God of Israel coming from the east. His voice was like the roar of rushing waters, and the land was radiant with his glory.
 The vision I saw was like the vision I had seen when he came to destroy the city and like the visions I had seen by the Kebar River, and I fell facedown.
 The glory of the LORD entered the temple through the gate facing east.
 Then the Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court, and the glory of the LORD filled the temple.
 While the man was standing beside me, I heard someone speaking to me from inside the temple.
 He said: "Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place for the soles of my feet. This is where I will live among the Israelites forever.
Jesus will approach the Temple Mount from the east, from the Mount of Olives. He will proceed directly to the Eastern Gate, which is also known as ‘Messiah’s Gate’. Today it is sealed up in a vain attempt by the Gentile nations, to prevent Him from taking back His house, the place of His throne. The glory will extend to the entire city (2:5) and also to the whole land (2:12, 14:20).
Zechariah 2:6-7 (NIV)
 "Come! Come! Flee from the land of the north," declares the LORD, "for I have scattered you to the four winds of heaven," declares the LORD.
 "Come, O Zion! Escape, you who live in the Daughter of Babylon!"
The land of the north is where the Lord scattered Israel (the ten northern tribes were dispersed to Assyria in 721 BC and the two southern tribes to Babylon in 586 BC). Babylon is referred to as ‘the land of the north’ because invading armies came around the route called ‘the fertile crescent’ and entered Israel from the north. The Jews who were still in exile were admonished to return to Jerusalem. God was warning the Jewish exiles to flee Babylon and escape the coming invasion of Medo-Persia.
In another case of dual fulfilment, Babylon will fall again in the End Times and the Jews who dwell in Babylon are to return to their land. Isaiah calls the Antichrist, the Assyrian and the King of the north. In the End Times, the Antichrist will invade Israel from the north, territories represented by present day Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Iran.
Revelation 18:2 (NIV)
 With a mighty voice he shouted: "Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great! She has become a home for demons and a haunt for every evil spirit, a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird.
Revelation 18:21 (NIV)
 Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a large millstone and threw it into the sea, and said: "With such violence the great city of Babylon will be thrown down, never to be found again.
The restoration of the Jews to their own land in Zechariah’s time was only a prelude to the great, end-time restoration of Israel. Isaiah prophecied of this final re-gathering of Jews from their worldwide dispersion.
Isaiah 11:10-12 (NIV)
 In that day the Root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples; the nations will rally to him, and his place of rest will be glorious.
 In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the sea.
 He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth.
Jesus Himself will raise a banner calling the Gentile rulers to bring the Jewish people home to Israel.
Isaiah 49:5-6 (NIV)
 And now the LORD says-- he who formed me in the womb to be his servant to bring Jacob back to him and gather Israel to himself, for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD and my God has been my strength--
 he says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth."
In this vision of Zechariah, the Angel of the Lord is sent to punish the Babylonian oppressors of Israel. This prophecy will find its final fulfilment in the Second Coming of Christ when He will utterly crush the enemies of Israel and Jerusalem (14:3,12-13). The restored Babylonian empire of the End Times (Rev. 18), as well as the Babylonian alliance of false religions (Rev. 17), will also be destroyed by divine judgements during the coming Day of the Lord. When this mighty King, the Messiah, comes again the second time He will not be the humble Servant who laid down His life for the salvation of sinners. This time, He will come in power in glory to destroy His enemies and to glorify His own people. Zechariah describes Him in His full Deity when he says: “In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives… Thus the LORD my God will come, and all the saints with You” (14:4-5).
THE TRINITY REVEALED IN ZECHARIAH
Zechariah 2:8 (NIV)
 For this is what the LORD Almighty (The Messiah, Jesus) says: "After he (God the Father) has honored me (The Messiah, Jesus) and has sent me (The Messiah, Jesus) against the nations that have plundered you (Israel)--for whoever touches you (Israel) touches the apple of his (God the Father) eye—
The Angel of the Lord, the Messiah Jesus is the one speaking here. The mighty warrior, the Angel of the Lord, takes His order from the supreme commander God the Father. And what are the marching orders? God the Father has sent King Jesus, the commander of the army of the Lord, against the nations that have plundered Israel!
From this portion in the Old Testament we clearly see that the first Person in the Triune Godhead, The LORD of Hosts, addresses the second Person, the Messiah, who is His Messenger (cf. John 20:21). We also read about the third Person in Isaiah: “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, because the Lord has anointed Me to preach good tidings” (Isa. 61:1).
‘Apple of His eye’ is an expression which indicates that which is most precious and most demanding of protection. That is what Israel is to God.
Zechariah 2:9 (NIV)
 I (Jesus) will surely raise my hand against them (the enemies of Israel) so that their slaves (the Jews) will plunder them (the enemies of Israel). Then you will know that the LORD Almighty (God the Father) has sent me (Jesus).
The End Times restoration of the Jews to their land will be accompanied by great hostility from the surrounding nations. And I believe we are seeing this happening today. We are clearly told that Jesus has been sent against the Gentile nations that have plundered the nation Israel. God speaks of His anger at the nations who exile and plunder Israel. I believe this refers not only to Assyria and Babylon, but to every nation who has aligned itself against Israel since then. They have been warned and have no excuse.
The physical raising or shaking of Jesus’ hands will release judgment against the Gentile nations that have plundered Israel. Jesus will plunder the nations which plundered Israel. Israel will then know it was Jesus who was sent to deliver them. In this way God’s judgments are a manifestation of His glory.
Isaiah 42:13 (NIV)
 The LORD will march out like a mighty man, like a warrior he will stir up his zeal; with a shout he will raise the battle cry and will triumph over his enemies.
I WILL LIVE AMONG YOU
Zechariah 2:10 (NIV)
 "Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. For I am coming, and I will live among you," declares the LORD.
Jesus is coming to live in Jerusalem and Zion is a hill in Jerusalem. There is not even the slightest possibility that this promise can be spiritualized and applied to the church. The spiritual restoration of the remnant of Israel as a nation will occur in the Holy Land, which was given to the founding fathers of Israel as an eternal possession (Gen. 13:14-15; 26:3; 28:13). We must avoid the danger of not taking these prophecies literally. Jesus is talking about the mountain Zion in Israel, and He is addressing ‘the daughter of Zion’ which is the nation Israel.
6 million of the 14 million Jews in the world are back in the land of Israel. They equal the number of Jews in America. Benjamin Netanyahu addressing the UN general assembly (9/17/12) vowed that the Jewish people “will never be uprooted again.” However, the Bible makes it clear that Israel will face the Gentiles wrath one final time.
Jeremiah 30:7 (NIV)
 How awful that day will be! None will be like it. It will be a time of trouble for Jacob (The Great Tribulation), but he will be saved out of it.
God will put the Jewish people through an unparalleled period of tribulation during Daniel’s 70th seven. During this time two-thirds of the Jews will perish (Zech 13:8-9). The purpose will be to soften the hearts of a remnant so that they will accept Jesus as their Messiah (Zech 12:10). At the Second Coming, God will re-gather all the believing Jews to Israel where they will be established as the prime nation in the world during the Millennial reign of Jesus!
Jeremiah 30:8-9 (NIV)
 ' In that day,' declares the LORD Almighty, I will break the yoke off their necks and will tear off their bonds; no longer will foreigners enslave them.
 Instead, they will serve the LORD their God and David their king, whom I will raise up for them.
When He comes it will be a day of great rejoicing in Israel. The remnant of Israel will all accept the Messiah (12:10), be cleansed from their unrighteousness (13:1), and be overjoyed when He restores the throne of David in Jerusalem.
Jerusalem is destined to become the center of the earth, the capital city of the world.
Isaiah 16:5 (NIV)
 In love a throne will be established; in faithfulness a man will sit on it-- one from the house of David-- one who in judging seeks justice and speeds the cause of righteousness.
Acts 15:16-18 (NIV)
 "'After this I will return and rebuild David's fallen tent. Its ruins I will rebuild, and I will restore it,
 that the remnant of men may seek the Lord, and all the Gentiles who bear my name, says the Lord, who does these things'
 that have been known for ages.
It is Christ, not God the Father, who will dwell in the midst of Israel, in Jerusalem, and in the holy temple of the Millennium. God the Father will not come to live in the midst of men on earth until He moves His capital city, the New Jerusalem, from heaven to the planet earth after the Millennium (Rev. 21:1-22:6. Then all three members of the Divine Trinity will live on earth among men eternally.
Zechariah 2:11 (NIV)
 "Many nations will be joined with the LORD in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the LORD Almighty has sent me to you.
Note that, it is not only Israel, but many Gentile nations that will be converted to Christ at the Second Coming. The Lord will both judge (2:9) and bless (2:11) the Gentile nations according to their response to Him. Those who attack Israel will be judged and those who join with Israel will be blessed. They will mourn for Him like the remnant of Israel will be mourning when they are reconciled to Him (12:10). Jesus will be living in Jerusalem ruling all the nations as the King of the earth.
Matthew 24:30-31 (NIV)
 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.
 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
Israel will know that God the Father sent Jesus to deliver Israel.
Based on this verse, it’s safe to say that, Israel does not need America. America needs Israel!
THE HOLY LAND
Zechariah 2:12 (NIV)
 The LORD will inherit Judah as his portion in the holy land and will again choose Jerusalem.
This is the only place in the Bible where the phrase ‘holy land’ is used. The land is holy because Jesus will reign from there.
Zechariah 2:13 (NIV)
 Be still before the LORD, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling."
Jesus currently sits at the right hand of God. Soon He will rise up to intervene on the earth and insert His authority.
The Lord Jesus said: “Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled” (Luke 21:24). Saved Gentiles should have no part in the trampling and despising of this city. We should know that this city is destined to be the focal point of the Messiah’s millennial kingdom.
What is the Church’s obligation to the nation Israel today? And in the Great Tribulation, what should our responsibility be?
Zechariah 1, The Four Horns and Four Craftsmen
Prophecy is powerful, far-reaching in its scope and can have multiple fulfillments, and that is why I love studying the book of Zechariah. I believe there are three ways in which we are to interpret Zechariah’s visions;
God is jealous in His love for Jerusalem. Jerusalem is His city, and the Israelites are His people. He is fully aware of the worldwide oppression of Israel and the repeated call for her annihilation in our day. But one day He is going to move on Jerusalem's behalf and judgment will fall upon the nations that afflicted Israel.
THE FOUR HORNS
Zechariah 1:18-19 (NIV)
 Then I looked up--and there before me were four horns!
 I asked the angel who was speaking to me, "What are these?" He answered me, "These are the horns that scattered Judah, Israel and Jerusalem."
So we go from spirit horses and riders to horns and skilled craftsmen. Horns are symbolic of power and refer to Gentile kings and their kingdoms (Dan 7:24; Rev. 17:12). The four horns or four kingdoms in question are hostile towards Israel and they are responsible for scattering Jerusalem, Judah and Israel. The four horns “gouged” God’s holy nation.
The four horns (kings/kingdoms) which Zechariah saw are the same four beasts (king/kingdoms) described in Daniel 2 & 7.
Daniel 7:17 (NIV)
 'The four great beasts are four kingdoms that will rise from the earth.
Babylon (Iraq), Medo-Persia (Iran), Greece (Syria) and Rome (the revived Roman empire in the End Times will become Antichrist’s ten nation/horn kingdom). These are the kingdoms that have been historically beastly towards Israel in the past during the times of the Gentiles. They will again oppress and disperse Israel in Daniel’s 70th week. The times of the Gentiles began with Babylon oppressing Jerusalem and will end with the Antichrist’s oppression and scattering of Jerusalem.
THE FOUR CRAFTSMEN
Zechariah 1:20-21 (NIV)
 Then the LORD showed me four craftsmen.
 I asked, "What are these coming to do?" He answered, "These are the horns that scattered Judah so that no one could raise his head, but the craftsmen have come to terrify them and throw down these horns of the nations who lifted up their horns against the land of Judah to scatter its people."
God will destroy any nation that oppresses Israel. The skilled craftsmen are protectors and builders with strong hammers and other tools that will shatter the horn/empires that attack Israel. Remember that God will curse everyone who curses Israel (Gen 12:3), and the nations of the earth today should heed this warning! In the end, Israel is indestructible because of God’s covenants with her.
The craftsmen represent the four great and powerful empires of Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome and Messiah. Each kingdom was (or will be) used by God to cast down and destroy the horn/empire that had preceded them and had been oppressing Israel. So, the first craftsman is Medo-Persia, which broke the horn of Babylon. The second craftsman is Greece which broke the horn of Medo-Persia. The third craftsman is ancient Rome which broke the horn of Greece. The future revived Roman Empire will give rise to the fourth horn again (the Antichrist’s 10 horn kingdom). The fourth craftsman is the Kingdom of God, which will bread the horn of Rome and Messiah will destroy the Antichrist’s empire.
Daniel 8:17 (NIV)
 As he came near the place where I was standing, I was terrified and fell prostrate. "Son of man," he said to me, "understand that the vision concerns the time of the end."
Daniel 8:19 (NIV)
 He said: "I am going to tell you what will happen later in the time of wrath, because the vision concerns the appointed time of the end.
Zechariah’s horns and craftsmen, along with the 7th and 8th chapters of Daniel (read these chapters), also describe the events concerning the End Times. At the present time, the same four powerful nations that persecuted Israel in the past have arisen in our day and are plotting and maneuvering in preparation for a final attack against Jerusalem.
In the End Times, Iraq, Iran, Syria and revived Rome are somehow destined to give rise to the final ten horn kingdom of the Antichrist (see Revelation 13:1; 17:3). These nations do not have even a hint that they are doing Satan’s bidding and fighting against the God of Heaven.
A SUPERNATURAL OPTION
The Bible provides plenty of evidence that there are dark spiritual forces behind the horns which empower the political entities against Israel. The evil power behind each horn (king/kingdom) is a demonic angel. They are in constant battle with the holy angels of the Lord. The four horns are empowered by four demonic angels (princes) fighting against Israel.
Ephesians 6:12 (NIV)
 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Daniel 10:13-14 (NIV)
 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.
 Now I have come to explain to you what will happen to your people in the future, for the vision concerns a time yet to come."
There is one remaining 'scattering' of Israel that will take place during Daniel’s 70th week. Where else are four angels mentioned in the Bible? The book of Revelation tells of four evil angels currently bound at the Euphrates awaiting release during the end times.
Revelation 9:13-15 (NIV)
 The sixth angel sounded his trumpet, and I heard a voice coming from the horns of the golden altar that is before God.
 It said to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates."
 And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind.
The supernatural battleground is going to heat up to a full boil during the End Times. The appointed destiny of these four demons is to scatter Israel and kill mankind, with a final and terrifying gouging.
THE SUPERNATURAL CRAFTSMEN -- ARCHANGELS
Revelation 12:7-9 (NIV)
 And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back.
 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven.
 The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.
If the four horns are the four angels from the sixth trumpet, it makes sense that the four craftsmen would also be four angels. But they would have to be more powerful than the four horns in order to defeat them. Is there another group of four angels powerful enough to defeat the four horns?
The Bible refers to Michael and Gabriel by name as two powerful warriors in God’s army. Interestingly, in the apocryphal Book of Enoch, which is included in the Catholic Bible and is referred to by Jude in verses 14-16, two additional archangels are named; Uriel and Raphael. Could these four mighty archangels who stand in the presence of God be the four craftsmen fighting against Israel’s enemies?
If the angelic forces are preparing for a final supernatural conflict in the end times, how is the Church preparing?
Thanks for reading,